Most of us love a good wholesome salad every now and then.. It is very important to also learn how to craft the perfect salad.
A SHORT NOTE ABOUT SALADS
Salad is a tingling, fresh and crisp accompaniment to meals. Slowly but certainly the salad culture is catching on, at least in our bigger cities and towns, with salad buffets and healthy food eateries gaining popularity. Salads also find its way in diet foods or as part of the diet menu.
Today, salads can be had as a meal altogether. That is something I do very often too. And it is also the easiest to prepare, when you’re having a rough or tiring day. It is a very energizing meal.
Salads can be made with a wide range of ingredients. One can add a variety of fruits and vegetables with some cold meats, cheese, chicken and seafood, and make very delicious and appetizing salads. Salads taste best when served chilled. Most of the ingredients added are always, either raw or blanched. Pasta salads are also gaining popularity in recent times…
The first salad dressing I learnt was from my godmother, Mrs. Belmira Horta Ribeiro. Olive oil, sugar, lemon juice, salt and pepper- Mix it together and you’ve got the tastiest salad dressing ever. I promise. And it is certainly one of my delicious cravings.
So, here goes one of my salad recipes which can be prepared within a few minutes and enjoyed as a meal by itself or an accompaniment. It is a wonderful pick for parties and occasions. I prepared it for my 21st birthday party and it was a huge success (pat on my back).
Certain ingredients used like the pears will make the salad very crisp and definitely juicy too. The quantity of the ingredients can be adjusted according to ones needs and tastes.
Go ahead and try it on. I assure y’all that the result will be a salad fit for a king!
Sophia’s (Sophia College for Women) taught me that women are as important or even more important, so my salad is surely fit for a queen too!
- 3 nos Potatoes medium sized, boiled, peeled and diced
- 2 nos Apples small sized, peeled and diced
- 1 nos Pear small sized, peeled and diced
- 1 tin Pineapple discard the juice
- 3 nos Onions small sized, finely chopped
- 1½ cup Frozen sweetcorn
- Handful Fresh coriander leaves finely chopped
- 3 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 nos Lemon Juice
- Salt to taste
- Freshly crushed peppercorns to taste
- Boil the potatoes with a little salt until done. Let them cool down and then peel and dice them approximately to the same size. Set aside.
- Finely chop the onions. Core and peel the apples and diced them too with the pears to the same size as the potatoes. Drain the canned pineapples and chop them into small pieces. You can discard the canned pineapple sugar syrup or use it in any other recipes.
- In a big bowl, combine the onions, apples, pears, pineapples, sweetcorn and season well with salt and pepper. Drizzle olive oil and lemon juice too.
- Now toss in the potatoes and mix in the freshly chopped coriander leaves too.
- Refrigerate and serve chilled.
- You can even add a mixture of salt, pepper, sugar, olive oil and lemon juice or pinch of vinegar as the salad dressing.
- You can choose to add fresh berries or salad leaves to this salad too.
- If preferred add some garlic powder for some extra burst of flavour.
BEFORE YOU GO…
If you like the recipe then don’t forget to LIKE👍🏻, SHARE🔜 and COMMENT…
And, please do follow me on:
Instagram 👉🏻 do not forget to tag a 📸 picture of your food using the hashtag #deliciouscravingsatvaniaskitchen
Twitter 👉🏻 Tweet and Retweet letting me know about your food adventures and delicious cravings.
Pinterest 👉🏻 Pin on some recipe you want me to make next and share my pins too.
Facebook 👉🏻 Follow my Delicious Cravings At Vania’s Kitchen page and group to know about more food adventures I’m up to and also to get to know me better…
Also, if you care then write ✍🏻 to me on firstname.lastname@example.org – this is also for any collaborations and business talks.
Also, make sure to subscribe to the blog: