You’d definitely googled ‘how to make banana pancakes’ at-least once in your lifetime if you are a banana lover and a pancakes lover. That’s surely an awesome combination of lovers to be.
What else can be better than banana pancakes? Here in Goa we call this fillos if it’s only banana and less flour but to make this sound a bit more different and appealing there’s no harm in naming them banana pancakes.
Hi, I’m Gale Cotta from #teentowndiaries. Want to know more about me then make sure to head to Truly Soulfully.
This recipe today is part of our new series on Delicious Cravings at Vania’s Kitchen called #teentowndiaries cooking. Every month you’ll get a fun new recipe by me. I’ll be fun teen-friendly recipes but anyone can try them.
Recently we got a whole bunch of bananas from the garden. My mum as usual wondered what to do with so many bananas. I even asked Vania for ideas but then I wanted to make something quick and easy for breakfast, hence these babies. We enjoyed this with some natural honey which FIY you can buy from me if you’re based in Goa. We get the honey directly from the honeycomb. DM me on Instagram if you’re based in Agassaim or nearby and you can buy a kilo or more of honey from us if you like.
To make this recipe you’ll need a few ingredients which you’ll ideally find in your pantry. Nothing too extraordinary.
- 1 cup Plain flour
- ¼ tsp Baking powder
- 3 tbsp Caster sugar
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp Cardamom powder
- 2 nos Eggs
- ½ cup Milk
- Oil as per requirement
- 3-4 nos Ripe bananas
- 1 tbsp Vanilla essence
This recipe has three main steps:
- Step One=Take a big mixing bowl and pour the plain flour in it. Add the baking soda and some sugar. Sprinkle in a little salt and the cardamom powder, mix well and and keep aside.
- Step Two=In another bowl whisk together two eggs and the milk. Also add the vanilla essence to this mixture. Add some oil and mix well.
- Step Three=Roughly mash the bananas in a large bowl and add the dry and wet ingredients to it. Mixture well until you get a good pancake batter.
- Put little batter at a time on a hot pan with some oil on. Fry until the top bubbles and then flip over and fry until ready. Serve the pancakes hot with some honey. Share with your family if you've got extra pancakes.
- Feel free to serve these pancakes with any other topping like some berries, seeds, nuts, maple syrup, Nutella, peanut butter, etc.
Make sure to try out this recipe and let us know how you like it. How about some banana pancakes for breakfast tomorrow? Give it a try and let us know how it turned out by commenting down below.
Also, for more such fun recipes, make sure to subscribe to the blog.