This salad is crisp, fresh and the perfect accompaniment to any meal or can even be devoured all by itself. It uses my secret salad dressing I learnt from my godmother.
- 3 nos Potatoes peeled, boiled and diced
- 2 nos Apples peeled and diced
- 1 nos Pear peeled and diced
- 1 tin Canned pineapple roughly cut
- 3 nos Onions finely chopped
- 1 pkt Frozen sweetcorn small
- Handful Fresh coriander leaves finely chopped
- 3 tbsp Olive oil extra virgin
- 1 nos Lime big, juiced
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Boil the potatoes with a little salt until done. Let them cool down. Peel off the skin and dice them approximately to the same size. Keep aside.
- Finely chop the onions. Peel and dice the apples and pear roughly to the same size as the potatoes. Set aside
- Chop the canned pineapple slices. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine all the cut ingredients together with the defrosted corn, except the potatoes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle on some olive oil and lime juice. Give it a good mix.
- Finally, toss in the potatoes and fresh coriander leaves
- Do not add the sugar syrup from the canned pineapple to the salad. It will turn the salad sweet, which is something we don’t want.
- If the cut apples start turning brown while your at the other stages of the recipe then toss them in some lime juice and set aside.
- Alter the addition of the lime juice later, so that, the salad doesn’t turn too sour.