Banana bread is the perfect recipe for when you want to get rid of overripe bananas. But then, there are some who just love cookies. So, why not make banana bread cookies then? Enjoy #Veganuary with this easy one-bowl recipe for soft, chewy, oil-free vegan banana bread cookies.
Whether you are someone who is new to veganism, plant based foods or simply looking for vegan cookies inspiration, you will be sure to find these cookies delicious, wholesome and super satisfying.
These cookies are perfect for if your feeling peckish and craving something sweet. These vegan banana bread cookies could be a perfect mid-morning, post brekkie snack or something your kids would enjoy for their snack time at school or over the weekend. These are sure to leave your tastebuds tingling and your heart happy.
MAKE IT YOUR OWN COOKIES
You can always improvise these cookies and make it your own recipe with little tweaks to this recipe, here and there.
If it works for you then why not try exploring different spice flavours and replacing the cardamom powder in this recipe with other spice powders like nutmeg, cinnamon, etc. The possibilities are endless. You can even add some vanilla essence if you like that.
You can even add some vegan chocolate chips and make these gooey and chocolatey too. That’s always a winner at any home and is popular amongst kids. Isn’t it?
These cookies can also be made gluten-free by substituting the normal plain flour with some spelt flour, oat flour, etc. or any other gluten-free flour.
A SMALL NOTE ABOUT VEGANUARY
Veganuary was started in 2014 by a UK registered charity. It has inspired over half a million people in 178 countries. It simply inspires people to try being vegan for January and throughout the rest of the year. To know more check out this link #Veganuary
Vegan Banana Bread Cookies
- 4 nos Ripe Bananas medium sized
- 200 gms Almond Flour/Ground Almonds (1 cup)
- 125 gms Plain flour (½ cup)
- ½ cup Brown Sugar
- ¼ tsp Baking Soda
- ½ tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Cardamom powder
- 1 tsp Pink Himalayan Salt
- Preheat the oven to 325°F/ 160°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper and set aside.
- Mash the bananas in a large bowl. Leave it a bit chunky so that you can enjoy the goodness of the fruit.
- Whisk in the brown sugar and salt giving it a good mix.
- Mix all the rest of the dry ingredients together and add it to the bowl by first passing it through a sieve.
- Give it a good mix.
- Place a spoonful of the batter on the baking try leaving a little space inbetween two and bake it for 25 mins or until the top turns slightly golden.
- You can replace the brown sugar with cane sugar.
- You can substitute the cardamom powder with any other spice flavour like cinnamon powder, nutmeg powder, dry ginger powder, etc.
- The more spotty your bananas are the more sweeter and better they’ll be for baking.
- Replace the flour with other gluten-free flours like spelt flour, buckwheat flour, oat flour, etc.
- Add vanilla essence or vanilla bean paste if you fancy something like that.
DON’T FORGET TO CHECK OUT THESE RECIPES:
So, for all those who are vegan or even if you’re not or even if you just want to try something new or if you’re a fan of banana bread and cookies then this recipe is perfect for you…
Definitely give it a try and share it with your family and friends on Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp wherever, anywhere and everywhere… it’s always good to share goodness and happiness and these are truly just that… So why not give share them with others? Do y’all agree?
Enjoy the rest of your week!
Much love xx