Potato Leek Soup
This warm creamy and thick soup is all you need to keep you warm this winter.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time40 mins
Servings: 6 people
- 50 gms Butter
- 2 nos Leeks Large ones, cleaned,peeled and sliced
- 6 nos Potatoes peeled, cut into cubes.
- 1 tbsp Coriander powder
- 2 tbsp Dried Coriander leaves and garlic powder
- Salt to taste
- Freshly crushed pepper to taste
- 1.5 ltr water
- 3 nos Maggi cubes or any vegetable stock cubes
- Olive oil to taste
Start by washing your potatoes and leeks well. Later prep them by peeling the potatoes and cleaning the leeks by peeling off the top tough layer.
Finely chopped the leeks and cut the potatoes into small cubes. Set aside.
Get the soup pot ready and place it on a medium flame.
Now add some butter to the pot and let it melt away.
Add the sliced leeks and stir well. Let it gradually sweat.
Once the leeks are half ready add the cubed potatoes.
Let them both sweat away for about 5 mins on a low flame.
Finally add enough water, a pinch of salt, coriander powder, pepper powder, garlic and dried fresh coriander powder and the maggi cubes.
Once the potatoes are boiled and cooked enough, using a hand blender puree the soup and add a cup of whole fat milk. Let it boil for a few more minutes until it thickens slightly.
Serve hot with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and freshly crushed pepper.
- You can also add leftover boiled potatoes for this recipe or a potato mash.
- Feel free to top the soup off with some freshly made croutons or bits of crispy bacon.
- Freshly baked baguettes with some butter or any bread with butter goes very well with this soup and this makes a perfect little meal.
- You can enjoy this potato leek soup with a side of breadsticks too.
- For those who are dairy-free, discard the full fat milk and replace it with some vegan coconut cream or smooth almond/ cashew paste.