Vegan Banana Bread Cookies
The goodness of banana bread in the form chewy cookies. The perfect vegan and oil-free cookies.
Prep Time15 mins
Baking Time25 mins
- 4 nos Ripe Bananas medium sized
- 200 gms Almond Flour/Ground Almonds (1 cup)
- 125 gms Plain flour (½ cup)
- ½ cup Brown Sugar
- ¼ tsp Baking Soda
- ½ tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Cardamom powder
- 1 tsp Pink Himalayan Salt
Preheat the oven to 325°F/ 160°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper and set aside.
Mash the bananas in a large bowl. Leave it a bit chunky so that you can enjoy the goodness of the fruit.
Whisk in the brown sugar and salt giving it a good mix.
Mix all the rest of the dry ingredients together and add it to the bowl by first passing it through a sieve.
Give it a good mix.
Place a spoonful of the batter on the baking try leaving a little space inbetween two and bake it for 25 mins or until the top turns slightly golden.
- You can replace the brown sugar with cane sugar.
- You can substitute the cardamom powder with any other spice flavour like cinnamon powder, nutmeg powder, dry ginger powder, etc.
- The more spotty your bananas are the more sweeter and better they'll be for baking.
- Replace the flour with other gluten-free flours like spelt flour, buckwheat flour, oat flour, etc.
- Add vanilla essence or vanilla bean paste if you fancy something like that.