5-ingredient Bread Pudding
This is the simplest type of bread pudding which is easy to make and requires just a handful of ingredients. It is super indulgent and will definitely keep you wanting for more...
- 8-10 slices White Bread
- ½ cup Granulated sugar or as per preference
- 6 nos Eggs
- 1½ pint Milk
- 1 tbsp Nutmeg Powder
- 1 tbsp Butter use to butter the tin
Preheat the oven to 180°C.
Start with buttering a 12x8 tin.
Next roughly break the bread into small pieces and evenly spread it all over the tray. Add more or less slices as per preference.
In a large bowl break all the eggs, add the sugar and whisk well.
Later add the milk and nutmeg powder.
Whisk well until all the sugar dissolves.
Pour the custard mixture over the bread and let the bread soak in the custard completely.
Bake for 40-45mins or until the sides or top crisp up.
- You can substitute the white sugar with brown sugar or molasses or even some cane sugar.
- The whole milk can also be substituted with any plant based milk.
- The measures of the ingredients can be altered as per preference.
- You can also flavour the pudding with vanilla essence, nutmeg powder, cinnamon powder, cardamom powder, etc.