MILDLY SPICED GOLDEN MILK
This golden milk is power-packed with various mild spices and the humble turmeric powder. It has some very good properties to help boost your immunity and in turn keep all cold and flus away.
- 2 cups Whole milk
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder
- ¼ tsp Nutmeg powder
- ¼ tsp Cinnamon powder
- ¼ tsp Cardamom powder
- 2 tsp Honey one per cup or more if preferred
In a heavy bottom utensil (the one you make your tea in), heat two cups of milk with some turmeric powder, nutmeg powder, cinnamon powder and cardamom powder until hot enough.
Pour it hot into two cups and add a teaspoon of honey each. Add more honey if you'd like it sweeter.
- Substitute whole milk with any other nut milk like almond milk, coconut milk, soy milk or even some oat milk.
- I've used Manuka Honey here but you can use any other natural honey that you prefer.
- You can also add some freshly grated ginger to this concoction while boiling.
- My mum used to also add some freshly crushed garlic which had a stronger taste and wasn't very pleasant but very good if you've got a bad cold and cough.