Egg and Vegetable Fried Rice
This fried rice recipe is inspired by Michelle Tchea's Just Fried Rice recipe from her book 'Building a perfect meal' but with my own comfort food twist to it.
- 1 cup Leftover Rice
- 4 nos Eggs beaten
- 2 tbsp Thin Soy sauce use ¾tbsp if thick or dark soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Toasted Sesame Oil
- Garlic Flakes seasoning to taste
- Ginger, Garlic and Chilli flakes seasoning to taste
- Pink Himalayan Salt to taste
- White pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp Chilli sauce to taste
- Colourful veggies of your choice I used 1 white onion, 2 bell pepper and few sugar snap peas and 1 red chilli (sweeter one)
Prep your veggies and set aside. Chop them finely for quick cooking and tossing.
Beat the eggs with the chilli sauce and set aside.
In a large wok, add the toasted sesame oil and start frying the veggies until slightly done. Toss for about a minute on a high flame. Set aside.
Next fry the eggs and once half done add the rice and fried veggies. The egg should get cooked while tossing the rest. Toss well until the rice is hot enough and make sure to add the soy sauce and other seasonings too.
- I used a chopper to chop the onion, red chilli and bell peppers together. It gives a uniform chop and perfect for this dish. Helps cook the veggies quicker.
- Add some rice vinegar, if preferred.
- You can substitute toasted sesame oil for any other plain vegetable oil.
- Refrigerate the leftover rice for better results.